Monday, March 10, 2008

Chilean fashion

I have never seen so many Iron Maiden shirts in my life. For some reason, heavy metal seems to be SUPER popular in this country--the word 'heavy' has even made it into Chilean slang. Everyone wears black, and 80% of the time it is band name shirt. I probably saw 5 or 6 Iron Maiden shirts yesterday, 2 Dream Theater shirts, and numerous others including Metallica, Cannibal Corpse and Slayer. I didn't even know Iron Maiden was still around.

The other style is kind of a thug deal-- just like any urban area in the states or Europe. Baggy jeans, fubu, etc...

Well that's about it for this post. I just can't wrap my head around why metal is the only style for young people here.

2 comments:

Kaley Lane Eaton said...

What are the shoes like? Mules? Stilettos? Stacked? Wedges?

Kidding..

Grizluke said...

I have no idea what you just asked me